Sport and Physical Education
Antonio has a long and valued tradition in sport and we are all proud of our achievements. We value student physical fitness and wellbeing.
Alex Field is our specialist sports teacher who facilitates two weekly sports lessons for each class and supports staff in running daily fitness activities. Alex also co-ordinates student participation in various after school sports, clinics and carnivals across the age groups, including our youngest Reception students.
The students enjoy utilising a wide selection of sporting equipment and using our oval and full-sized gym. Our nature play spaces also provide a great obstacle course, walking and running track.
Our students are given extensive exposure to numerous sports and physical pursuits through a year-long comprehensive physical education program and other activities including:
- Participation in SAPSASA activities in many sports leading to significant representation by students in district, state and national teams
- High level of participation in SA Catholic Schools Sports Associations carnivals (athletics, swimming, cross country running, team handball, rugby and netball)
- School teams in basketball, netball, soccer and football competitions
- In school sporting clinics funded through the 'Sporting Schools' program where children develop sports skills while working with accredited coaches
- Have-a Go cricket and Auskick programs
- Annual School Sports Day
- School camps for all year 3-6 students which include a range of sporting and physical activities