Sport and Physical Education
Antonio has a long and valued tradition in sport and we are all proud of our achievements.
Our students are given extensive exposure to numerous sports and physical pursuits through a year-long comprehensive physical education program and other activities including:
- Participation in SAPSASA activities in many sports leading to significant representation by students in district, state and national teams
- High level of participation in SA Catholic Schools Sports Associations carnivals (athletics, swimming, team handball, rugby)
- School teams in local indoor cricket, netball and football competitions
- AFL traineeship program (for many years we have employed young people to support this program, physical education and Funtastics at Antonio)
- In school sporting clinics funded through the 'Sporting Schools' program where children develop sports skills while working with accredited coaches
- Have-a Go cricket and Auskick programs
- Olympic Week and Commonwealth Games weeks, which consist of five full days of sporting activities. All students are involved which evokes an amazing student community spirit.
- School camps for all year 4-6 students which invariably include a range of sporting and physical activities